Permanent Residency in Canada in 8 Months???

Posted on April 10, 2009. Filed under: General, H1B | Tags: , , |

AINP – Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

Strategic Recruitment Stream – US visa holder category

The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Strategic Recruitment Stream is designed to enable skilled foreign nationals working in occupations in high demand in Alberta to apply directly to the AINP without an application from an Alberta employer. The objective of the U.S. Visa Holder (H1B)Category is to facilitate the entry of U.S. visa holders currently working temporarily in the United States, into Alberta’s permanent labor force.U.S. visa holders in specific visa categories, working in skilled occupations in high demand in Alberta, may be eligible to apply to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) without an application from an Alberta employer.

I have written some of the pros and cons for this: See the below article or follow this link

This is a faster process compared to regular Canadian PR process. Regular process usually takes around 2 years where as this particular process will expedite the process as you will be recommended by the Alberta State (first step will confirm if you are being nominated by State of Alberta).


 To apply under the Strategic Recruitment Stream U.S. Visa Holder Category, the steps are as follows:

  1. The Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category Application for Provincial Nomination (AINP 009A) is the form required to apply under this category. 
  2. The Candidate completes this application form, and includes all supporting documents requested in the Instructions Checklist which accompanies the AINP 009A.
  3. Candidate sends their full application to the AINP for review. 
  4. Please note that applications under the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category must be mailed to the following address:

Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category
Alberta Employment and Immigration
4th Floor, Commerce Place, 10155 – 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  T5J 4L6

 5. If the Candidate is approved, they become a Provincial Nominee. The AINP will advise the nominee how to proceed with their permanent residence application. The nominee will be directed to forward a federal permanent residence application to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Visa Office abroad.

6. If the Provincial Nominee and their dependents meet the federal statutory requirements, including health, criminality and security checks, CIC may issue the permanent resident visa(s) for immigration to Alberta. 


For more information on check list, application forms etc please go to



Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

5 Responses to “Permanent Residency in Canada in 8 Months???”

RSS Feed for F1toH1 Blog Comments RSS Feed

Good Blog, great news about Canadian PR.
Keep posting new blogs…

Thank you for this article, could you clarify, if we have if we have to be in valid H1B status when applying for Canada or is EAD fine (having been on H1B for many years before) would suffice? Thanks again!

Alberta is a “province” (not a “state”)

hi i want to know if i can apply for pr, i have bachelors in hotel management from Indian and i have one year work experience and i came to us i did associates in culinary arts and then i moved to IT industry and did masters in computer sciences and i am working in IT and i have H1B from IT industry so can i use two skill and apply for PR

Sure you can be eligible for Green Card but before that you need to find an employer who might want to hire you in US and then process your Green Card. So your next steps would be to find an employer in US who is willing to offer you a job for which he needs to apply for your H1B Visa first and then once you are in US and working, company can then start your Green Card process.

Where's The Comment Form?


    Information from F1 to H1 (GRE,GMAT, TOEFL,Universities, College Life,Jobs, and tons of facts, rumors, etc)


    Subscribe Via RSS

    • Subscribe with Bloglines
    • Add your feed to Newsburst from CNET
    • Subscribe in Google Reader
    • Add to My Yahoo!
    • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS


Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: