F1, OPT and H1B Visa Tax Information

Posted on May 15, 2009. Filed under: F1 Visa, H1B | Tags: , , , , , , , , , |

F1 Visa 

F-1 visa holders are exempt from paying FICA Taxes, Social Security and Medicare, for a limited time. However, they are subjected to federal taxes, and state/local taxes, if applicable, students on F-1 filing their (federal) income taxes who have been in the USA for 5 years or less need to use the correct tax forms, such as 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ. (more…)

Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 9 so far )

Can H1B and F1 Visa holders earn money online?

Posted on May 15, 2009. Filed under: F1 Visa, H1B, Jobs, Prospective Students | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , |

H1B people, its little harsh but you got to understand this point that you are Resident Alien (Immigrant) at this point and can only work for your employer and if there is any other source of Income(online earnings) its considered as Illegal earnings. So basically, if you are on a H1-B visa, you are authorized to work for only one those employers that sponsor your visa. You cannot be self-employed and earn additional income and doing so will render you out-of-status. (more…)

Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 15 so far )

Do you know how much USCIS is earning from H1B petitions every year?

Posted on May 2, 2009. Filed under: H1B | Tags: , , , , , , , |

Do you know how much USCIS is earning from H1B petitions every year?

It is way more than $ 173,000,000 (173 Million Dollars) – It can be more than this number.

Let’s see how this numbers got to $173 Million dollars (more…)

Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )

25 highest paid H1B Occupations

Posted on April 21, 2009. Filed under: H1B | Tags: , , , , , , |


I know many of you might already know these small details, but just thought this might interest you.


The below data is for year 2005; for the recent status, you might want to add some 5% to the below mentioned salary. Seriously there is no big change in the salaries compared to 2005: D (more…)

Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )

How to Apply for Tourist Visa to Canada for H1B Visa holders in United States

Posted on April 18, 2009. Filed under: H1B | Tags: , , , , , , |

Planning to apply for tourist visa to Canada. Here are some of the steps that might be helpful to you.  


Step 1:  Fill in IMM 5257 Form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B.PDF ) and print it.


Step 2: Take 2 passport photos with Canadian standards (35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″))


Step 3: Prepare to send photo copies of your current offer letter, proof of employment, Original H1B approval (I-797), last 3 pay checks, drivers License, Itinerary (if you have), hotel confirmation (if you have).


Step 4: Be prepared to send original Passport unless you prefer to go in person. You can walk in person if you want to finish this process in a day to your nearest consulate.


Step 5: Bank Statements showing some funds to support your travel.


Step 6: The fee per person is $65 USD for a single entry visa, $130 USD for a multiple entry visa or $340 USD for a family (multiple or single entry). You must pay a processing fee when you submit an application for a temporary resident visa. Fee can be paid in US dollar, payable to CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL via Cashier check, Bank Draft, Money Order, EXACT CASH (if paying in person — 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. ONLY). If paying in Canadian funds, make payable to: RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.


For more accurate information on fee structure visit http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng


Step 7: Send application package (all the above documents with your passport, fee) to your nearest Canadian Consulate. For more details please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u


For complete package, please visit this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp



Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 5 so far )


    Information from F1 to H1 (GRE,GMAT, TOEFL,Universities, College Life,Jobs, and tons of facts, rumors, etc)


    Subscribe Via RSS

    • Subscribe with Bloglines
    • Add your feed to Newsburst from CNET News.com
    • Subscribe in Google Reader
    • Add to My Yahoo!
    • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS


Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...